Fashion

5 Easy, Affordable Ways to Shake Up Your Work Outfits, Inspired by Younger

September 28, 2017
Hilary Duff on set of Younger TV

Image: Younger TV Official Facebook/TV Land

Having a 9 to 5 doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your personality, style or both. Because you’re busy being a boss babe, you’ve fallen into the habit of wearing the same white button-down shirt 365 ways. While there’s nothing wrong with that, there are days when you wish you could break away from your usual routine.

Consider this your wake-up call. You don’t always have to wear black, blazers or button-ups to the office. The ladies in the Younger cast make that very clear every single week with their trendy and bold workwear choices. Here’s how you can spice up the clothes you wear to work.

1. Say goodbye to chilly days with a trendy cape coat or sweater.

12072541_1624058844526162_5194977376960382834_n

TV Land

Protect yourself from that afternoon breeze with a warm, chic cape like Hilary Duff’s. It’s perfect on those in between days when the weather is ridiculously cold in the morning, but becomes unbearably hot by mid-day. You can either rock a wool cape like hers or get a lighter coat that’s just as comfy!

Copy her look here:

2. Let your power blouse do all the talking for you.

Miriam Shor in red blouse

TV Land

Everything about Miriam Shor’s look is a YES. This is the true definition of a power outfit. The flirty ruffles on her faux leather skirt are a great contrast to her sleek blouse, and her tights make this outfit fall ready. Go for a faux leather skirt that skims over your curves and has gorgeous detailing on the bottom!

Copy her look here:

3. Give your go-to work outfit (blazer-dress-pants-repeat) a modern twist.

Sutton Foster in a floral blazer

TV Land

Who says you have to wear black to mean business? Sutton Foster’s floral on floral look adds just the right amount of fun while still being office appropriate. If your office culture is more minimalist, you can find a dark blazer with a subtle print.

Copy her look here:

4. Spice up the middle of your week and throw in one bold outfit.

Hilary Duff in Younger TV

TV Land

This preppy meets grunge look works way better than it should! For work, pair your leather pants with a neutral top so they aren’t overpowered by other colors or patterns. If you’re feeling self-conscious about wearing leather to the office, you can wear a longer, flowing shirt.

Copy her look here:

5. Stroll into casual Friday with an oversized sweater and chambry shirt combo.

Sutton Foster in Younger TV

TV Land

Now you’ll have another reason to look forward to Fridays. Sutton’s character Liza always knows how to strike the perfect balance between casual but classy. I love how the layers of the shirt and sweater compliment each other.

Copy her look here:

Violinkit
    September 29, 2017 at 7:08 am

Hi there, some lovely ideas for alternative dressing for a 9-5 day at the office. My favourite of course is the floral jacket and ditsy floral dress underneath. You have probably guessed from my own blog that I adore colour so hence my love of this look. I also love the idea of wrapping up in a cape for work . It makes it all the more interesting.

Star harford
    September 29, 2017 at 8:05 am

I really like a lot of these outfit suggestions, especially the Miriam Shor one. You are so right that you dont have to wear black to the office!

Tanya @ Intimate Explorations
    September 29, 2017 at 8:26 am

I never wear black to the office, but that’s only because I don’t wear black. 🙂 Years ago, I got my colors done, and she confirmed that black makes me look washed out. So brown is my black. And since then, this former shopaholic probably only does a wardrobe refresh once every two years. Thanks for the great ideas for office attire alternatives!

goswaminitin330
    September 29, 2017 at 9:13 am

You are an outfit expert I suppose

Kathy Myers
    September 29, 2017 at 11:46 am

I think I would be happy wearing any of the outfits. Not only to work, but for other occasions as well. Great job!

Amanda Katherine
    September 29, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Great post! I love the fashion on Younger. xx –AK (dopeandbroke.com)

sandpantdora
    September 30, 2017 at 7:31 am

These outfits are simply gorgeous!!!

kalliamanika
    September 30, 2017 at 3:08 pm

I love this blouse! Thank you for all the suggestions and how to copy the looks! I love fall and winter, because I get to wear all my capes and sweaters!

Jen S
    October 1, 2017 at 12:30 am

I’ve been really wanting to get a cape forever. They can look so cool in my opinion! Plus they’re like a blazer but wayyy easier to move around in.

A Busy Bees Life
    October 1, 2017 at 7:23 am

I love cape coats and I have only found one I really love. I never go to the office dressed casual but I do love the different outfits and suggestions for the week.

DASH | MODE LILY ☀️
    October 1, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Gosh I love the outfits you’ve put together. I would have easily worn all of them. They’re stylish, clasy and nothing over the top. Perfect for the office wear!

Shel Twibischt
    October 13, 2017 at 12:21 am

A wise man once told me that how you dress is a reflection of how much you value the people you are with. It’s refreshing to see a return to smart work wear! Thanks for sharing.